- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Floral Abundance


Hello again blog! As I had promised before today I am posting up the pictures from last nights Flower Show. I cannot even explain in words how beautiful it was. Flower shops and nurseries from all over the country I believe, got to set up different scenes depicting something which brought the dewy hills of Ireland to their minds. Fresh flowers and amazing scents filled the entire convention center. I traveled throughout the winding pathways and snapped pictures whenever I could. I am going to appologize in advance with my pictures since it was so unbelievably crowded I didn't take so much time getting the right shots. My pictures do not do this even justice. I wish all of you could have seen it, I know you would have loved it. It was great though, since my Uncle is a Philadelphia Police Officer we got free parking right next to the center. We spent about 2 hours roaming around viewing everything there. They had gorgeous arrangements and pieces of natural art made from people from all around. Every nook and cranny was packed, and there was live music and celtic dancing too!!! Ohh my, I cant wait till next year! After we finished seeing the displays we traveled onto the other side where there were the vendors and loads of garden items. I was going to get 25 roses for only 9.95 but I couldnt find any bouquets that I really liked. Now that I think about it, I should have gotten them, but its too late. I didn't buy anything (surprising I know) but everyone else did! After we left we went to Geno's for a "wiz wit" meaning a steak sandwich with cheeze wiz and fried onions. Yummm, I haven't had one of those for more then 1 year!! Anyways I am glad to share this with you and I am also going to share my pictures. Wishing you happy viewing!

ps: May be some random ongoers in my pictures, sorry about that!


A Gorgeous pond in the mystical lands.


Yes, they even had dinosaurs!


This setting was actually "floating" on a real pond!


The Wishing Tree




A lovely arrangement!


One of my favorites!




Simply Beautiful!


A quaint little cottage with a trickling pond.


A tiny garden shop.


This arrangement and chandelier were soo beatiful, the picture just doesn't do them justice!


The picture I took last, and its my favorite!


Had to throw this one in, show some Philadelphia pride while letting you take in a little bit of south philly!

No comments:

- -
- -
-