- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Not too Shabby!


Hello again blog, long time no see! Just kidding, I am starting to get used to updating this now, although for now, do not expect more then 2-3 times a week of updates. I started quickly, but then of course, I also had lots of interesting things in my schedule, such as the antique show (which I never told you about!) and the flower show, etc. Now-a-days I am trying to find my creativity spark again, and some things to do and places to see. I just don't have much time anymore, I have so much work to do including all the things I say that I need to do around the house, including spring cleaning, planting new flowers, continuing to decorate the house for spring, cleaning up my old flower beds since I didn't do that in the Fall, etc. (Believe me the list could go on forever!!) Anyways off the topic of my time maintenance (he he) I am going to share with you some of my creations that I have made out of some inexpensive, and at a time not so attractive pieces.
The image above is of two IKEA frames that I bought unfinished for like 2 dollars (can you tell I have a love for IKEA?) which I then painted a green color and then crackled it, but didn't like it so painted it brown and then redid the crackling finish ( I just should have put the crackling medium on the unfinished wood!) The images below are of a dollar store (YES 1 dollar) plastic shelf which had a hideous fake wood image on it, that I painted and sanded to give it the worn effect, and of a mirror which used to be bronze that my sister was going to throw out. After a range of color selections I finally came out with the finished product (even though the rim of it still needs to be painted :) ) Anyways I thought I would show you that since today I visited Home Goods and saw lots of inspirational pieces, which I did not buy since I have no room for them, but I did see a bunch of Apothecary jars which were surprisingly inexpensive. I love the fact of finding antique pieces, but sometimes in Pennsylvania, with a lack of Antique shows around my area, I find it hard to get some treasured pieces that I see so much of on others blogs. As for that, it has been a pretty productive day, got some chores done, and after this I am hopefully going to finish laundry, yay!!! Until another time my blogger friends, wishing you some rest and relaxation for Sunday!




* Taken with my new camera!! Cloudy today, so not very good natural light :(

2 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

You did a wonderful job redoing those items! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment!
Michelle

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Wow - I came across this picture browsing through flickr things looking at white picket fences - hmm, I am puzzled. Anyway - I love what you did both with the shelf and the frames! I have tried several times to do the crackling thing, but it never turned out, is there some secret trick? And what about the shelf - that too is amazing. How do you know where to sand, or just how do you do that? I wish there were classes! I hope you get this seeing as it is nearly a year old blog - but I hope I hear from you!

Diane in Michigan

- -
- -
-