- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stop to Smell the Roses


Hello again dear blog, again, I know, I have been away from you for almost two weeks. Yep, 2 weeks, thats a really long time, with alot of events intermixed within each and every one of those days. I do have some excuses for my, shall I say "hiatus" from you. As for last week, it was spent on finishing up some projects which absolutely needed to be done, for work and home. This week, well this week consisted of me lying in bed all day, with a cold pack on my head, and a splitting head ache. It turns out that I have a sinus infection and an ear infection, but luckily that is starting to go away and I am feeling much better. Last week I did have plans on posting up some new pictures of my adventures and creations, but I never found the time to do it. Believe me, those pictures waited in that camera patiently, and finally today, I found the time! I am sooo relieved that all that work is off of my shoulders for now, I am sure more work will pile up quickly, but for now I am enjoying the time I have. Now back to what this blog is all about, fun, creation, and adventure!
The picture above is of a bouquet of absolutelty gorgeous roses that my sister gave my mother for Mothers Day. By the way, to all of you mothers out there in blogland, Happy Belated Mothers Day. When I saw these in the vase, I just fell in love with them. And since Sunday, they have not wilted or died, its just like their some kind of "super" roses. lol. Anyways as for the picture below, its of my little Ikea "greenhouse" which I have lovingly talked about on this blog many times before. As you can see, some tiny little green sprouts are finally showing themselves after an earlier attempt to seed in mid- March. In those containers I planted some Sweet Peas, Bells of Ireland, and some Lavender, which is apparently not enjoying the conditions, since they havent seeded yet. I am very excited to transplant them into bigger containers, and plant some more of my growing collection of seeds. As for the below picture, its again of one of the roses from that beautiful bouquet, which I placed in one of my salvaged glass containers from a previous post. As far as gardening goes, I will not be seen in the garden today since it has been pouring down rain from the heavens since 3:30. I'm not complaining though, in PA for the past couple of days its been above 80, so we all needed a nice cool down and a good drink ;) Well, thats all for today, I have some chores to do around the house such as LAUNDRY. oh boy, hamper here I come! Until another day (Saturday?) my friends, wishing you sunny weather, and a chance to stop and smell the roses!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The roses ARE beautiful! I'm glad you're feeling better ... sinus infections are no fun at all!! Some days it's just so hard to find time to blog, isn't it? ♥

BellaColle said...

Hello,
have enjoyed reading your blog! Pink is my favorite color, better yet pink roses... very pretty. I have family in eastern PA. Nazareth to be percise... Nice to "speak" with someone from PA. land!
Have a great weekend.

- -
- -
-