- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Meant to Fly


Hello again dear blog, again sorry for the long departure, I have been extremely busy these past couple of days, and have not had time to get on the computer. Today, in PA it is 75 degrees and sunny, with a cool breeze, ahh!! The bright sun is shining and there is seldom a cloud in the sky. The smell of fresh cut lawns fills the air, while the sound of airplanes up above reminds me of summer. As you can see I am loving it! Now only if it could stay this way, because once it reaches 80, and then June comes, it's just too hot. But off the weather and back to my day. I decided that I would not dessert you any longer, and would take some pictures of what I have been up to! Firstly I would like to dedicate this post to a friend of mine that passed away 1 year ago on May 1st. She was a beautiful, kind and intelligent woman who would have made a big impact in the world. My sister and I met up with her family and friends at her aunts house on Tuesday to organize and plan some future events for the fund which they are setting up in her name. The fund will benefit different childrens organizations in our area, while raising money in fun ways such as Halloween Parties and Poker nights! I was soo glad that everyone came and celebrated her life togehter instead of thinking of what could have been. It was unfair, but it was her time to go, and I know she was there with us, and I am sure she is happy with what we are doing. The above picture I took is of a palm tree, you see she was obsessed with them and dreamed of going to California one day. I am sure she has already made her way there, and is sitting on the beach with her feet in the sand enjoying the warm weather.
My job in this whole fund is an event coordinator/decorator/bracelet maker. We are making these cute bracelets with her name on it for those who knew her and others with the fund name on it for those who didnt know her in order to raise money for the fund. As of now, my sister and I are thinking up ideas on tags that we will tie to the bracelets which will explain where the money is going to and give the person an idea of what kind of person Jeannette was. As for the rest of my adventures, the picture below shows you some of the finds that I purchased from Michaels this past Sunday. If you have not already visited, you must immediately get in your car and rush to Michaels! ( After you've finished reading this post of course! :) Martha Stewarts line is amazing, I must have walked up the isle a hundred times, making sure I did not miss anything. I'm sure I'm not the only crazy person who has done this! Her items are simple but so innovative, and oh how I love those kits she has! I cant wait to get the paper bouquet kit and some more glitter! Love, love love Martha, and now I can watch her show and know where to get the supplies for the creations she makes! Lastly, the picture below my fabulous finds, is of a few sprigs of azalea which has just started blooming its coral colored flowers. I am also patiently waiting for my wisteria to bloom! I went past it the other day and saw some of the buds starting to open; ahh the sweet smell of those periwinkle flowers is glorious!Okay, I think I have said enough for today, I'll keep you posted on Jeannettte's fund and on my garden, lets set a date for Saturday, perhaps around noon time? Ill see you there (hehe)! Wishing you bright and sunny weather, craft madness and some cherished time with your friends and family!

-Look at that glitter!! Do you see this glitter and those garden labels, lovin it!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend! What a lovely way to remember her! I can completely relate about the weather ... we'll enjoy these gorgeous 70's while we can! I almost screamed with excitment when I found out that the MS line was available at Michael's here in Canada! At first I thought we'd have to wait a year or two like we usually do. I'm planning a trip there this week. ♥

- -
- -
-