- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Premieres


Has anyone caught the Food Network commercials that have announced a BRAND NEW season of Barefoot Contessa, as well as an all new series from Giada DeLaurentiis, called Giada at Home? Being that the two above are my all-time favorite show hosts on the channel, I am uber-excited. Not only does the fall bring new sights and smells, but also new shows! I have been watching these two cookin' ladies for several years now, and although I can only really say I've attempted a handful or so of their recipes, I love the way in which the shows are filmed, and the fresh ideas that they take on common grocery items.
Now that it is officially Fall, I have been bitten by the cooking bug and have been whipping up concoctions all week long. Last night at 9:00 P.M. I decided that I would make sweet potato pie. How do you make sweet potato pie you ask? Well I wouldn't be able to tell you, but I knew I had some ginger-snap cookies that were going to go to waste as well as a can of sweet potatoes, so I figured why not? After a few additions and mistakes, I whipped up a Sweet Potato pie which my family all loves, just in the knick of time too (10:30 P.M.) ;) Today, I saw some button mushrooms that needed to be used, so I figured that I would whip up some Chicken Marsala for my sister who has been asking me to make her a "creamy pasta dish." Theres something about fall, and that cold nip in the air that makes you crave comfort foods, and makes me yearn to be in the kitchen, creating some new dishes that will entice my loved ones senses and of course make their belly's happy. Please do tune onto the Food Network on October 18th @ 1:00 P.M. if you hadn't already planned, or of course set your DVR to record for the two lovely new shows. Heres to Falls new beginning and the start of some comforting kitchen creations and celebrations!

ps: How could I forget, Food Network has also created a new Magazine!! Check it out here

1 comment:

Abby Kerr Ink said...

Hi, Gigi!--

Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I was so excited when I loaded your blog page and immediately saw a photo of the gorgeous Giada. I love her and Ina, too! So you and I share the same favorite FoodNetwork shows. I already have my DVR set to tape the premieres of both this Saturday. Let me know what you think!

--Abby

- -
- -
-