- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, December 14, 2007

Rockin' around the Christmas Tree...


That good old Christmas clock is ticking away and there is just about 10 more days until Christmas!! Meaning that in the next 10 days I must finish all of my shopping, give my own "Wish Lists" out and finish up decorating and of course wrapping presents. Never has a Christmas been so hectic as it has been this year, and although it has been nerve wracking at times, I still cannot wait until the big day! I have been uber busy this entire month, and I am quite surprised that I even had the time to get a tree let alone decorate it! I have not forgotten about you dear blog, just ignored once again, and I am sorry once again, and I hope you understand. We are all busy women and I know that everyone's life gets hectic at times.
Alrighty off of the bad topics and onto Christmas!! So last Saturday I went to the local Nursery and picked out my tree, a frasier fir like every other year. I also enjoyed my annual cup of apple cider that I always get while the tree is being drilled and I picked up a beautiful wreath for the front door. I then proceeded to wait a week, stock piling ornaments and garlands for the past month in my living room, and finally tonight I found the time to decorate my tree. I also decorated my bay window a couple of days ago with lights and different sized and shaped ornaments floating at different heights from ribbon. I admit that this is not how I planned I would decorate, all in one crazy night, but thats how it happened and now I can finally enjoy it all. I'll post some pictures of the tree in a couple of days, and maybe even the silver tinsel tree I set up in my guest bedroom/ studio. As for the decorations, well Target and KMarts stock just went sky high since Genevieve bought out most of their supplies. I'm tellin ya, the day after Thanksgiving, me and the other decorators were going head to head, "fighting" each other to get the last glass glitter snowflakes at Target (which I did ;) Lets just say that Target and Kohls did not disappoint with their wide selection of gorgeous glass glitter ornaments. I am sure you've already visited and gotten some yourself, so for now heres just some inspiration (as if you need it!) Enjoy!!





2 comments:

bluemuf said...

Loved you post and the inspiration.

Hugs Karen

Felicia said...

What pretty decorations. Can't wait to see your tree :)

- -
- -
-