- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Brocante Home's Puttery Treat Challenge



"Get up very, very early. Just you. Creep downstairs, light candles and drink coffee in the dark, melancholy silence of an early Winter morning."

Waking up in the darkness of the sweet, calm morning, I feel the icy breeze dash across my nose from the cracked window above me. Pushing myself out of my warm nest, I stretch to the new days beginning and slip on my fluffy slippers. Heading to the kitchen, I hear but not one noise, perhaps the yawn of Metayo as he adjusts his eyes to the darkness (for he is not used to waking up so early.) With the creaking of the kitchen door, I am happily awakened by the earthy aroma of freshly brewed coffee. Carefully swishing my feet across the dark kitchen tile, I base my direction on the flashing green light of the coffee maker. With my cup placed out from last night, with a slightly tarnished vintage family spoon acting as the stirrer of the day’s future, I pour in my hazelnut creamer, and mix in the sugar. I begin to light the tea lights which are placed in aged mercury glass holders amongst the windowsill, and peer outside to my backyard, which has been transformed to a snow covered wonderland overnight. I lean back on the kitchen counter with coffee in hand, and sip away all the worries of yesterday, and plan what delights await me in the day ahead. I am calm, I am silent, I am peaceful, but I am not alone. I soon hear the scurrying of Metayo’s paws on the floor and feel his side rub against my leg. He sits and stares at me, silently asking me to take him outside in the snow, to play in natures glistening beauty. I now tie up my snow boots, slip on my comfy down jacket and step outside with Metayo. The sun is beginning to rise, and the snow in all of its winters glory has blanketed the sounds of early morning. I stand in the icy blanket, with the mornings breeze wisping through my hair, and listen to the glorious sounds of nature, the sounds of winter, the sounds of peace.

*Image Courtesy of Creativty+'s


Do visit Allison's 'scrumptiously' lovely blog!! The Brocante Home Chronicles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this entry! Yours is one of my favorites.

- -
- -
-