- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, November 7, 2008

All I Want for Christmas


Okay, I give in.. It is merely the start of November and already I have caught a bug. Now this bug, although mind/time consuming as it may be, is not painful nor dreaded. This bug bites me every year around this time, sometimes sooner and sometimes later; I like to call it the Christmas Bug. With less than two months from the big day, my mind has be taken over by all thoughts of Christmas. I must admit that for the past three weeks I have checked the isles of Target, Home Goods, and Kohl's just to see if they had received their seasonal shipments. Obsessive, perhaps just a tad, but I couldn't help it. Even with the present state of our economy all that I can think about are ornaments, snowstorms, Christmas music, hot chocolate, and gift wrap. Typically I don't decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving, but I think that this year, Christmas might come just a little bit early, at least in small doses. You will no longer hear the radio playing in my living room, no sirree, you will now hear Christmas Cd's blasting their joyous tunes through the walls of my chilled Autumn home. Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, just to name a few. I even began creating a Christmas list for myself, how selfish is that? I normally don't ever make a Christmas list, but I have just encountered so many "good things" that I "have to have." Although I will do much needed revisions to the list before I hand it over to my loved ones, it is still nice to wish, so I guess it would be more appropriate to call it a wish list (*which I currently have on Amazon, Anthropologie, and J.Crew.com ;) With that said, I decided that I would post up a few of the items that have caught my eye, since by the looks of it, many of my fellow bloggers have also started in with their Christmas spirit. Enjoy!





*It's funny to me how our Christmas lists change as we grow older. As a child all I wanted was baby dolls, kitchen toys, and a cash register (yes a real cash register, but that's a whole other story ;) Then, into my tweens and teens, I wanted cold hard cash, perfume, clothes, shoes, and makeup. Now that I am a little bit older, I find myself asking for home supplies, home supplies! Of course there's still always room for shoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection for Christmas Gifts

- -
- -
-