- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

To Autumn


Every year, typically weeks before the official start of Fall (September 22,) the heavy summer air takes a vacation for a few days, teasing us with what beautiful weather is to come. Although these wonderful days last only a week or so, I am always so thankful to have them. Not only do they remind me of how much I love the upcoming season, but they also act as a breath of fresh air, after a summer stuck indoors, air conditioning on high, and a slight case of lethargy. Today is one of those days, morningtime and a mere 63 degrees with the bright sun shining. Had it not been a weekday, today would have been the perfect day for a yard sale run or an outdoor antique market visit. Alas, it is still Summer, and I still have a few more weeks until pumpkins and mums begin to pop-up at my local farmstand. Fall may not officially arrive for a few more weeks, but who says we can't start early? Feeling the "Autumnal blues" I thought I would look up some inspirational eye-candy for all of the creative bloggers who adore the season as much as I do, since the October issues of my favorite magazines do not come out for at least another week. Enjoy the little pieces of joy below for now, but remain patient, because Fall will soon reward you with all of its loveliness!



PS: *Site still UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

1 comment:

Jen Kershner said...

Oh that 1st picture! I'm trying to imagine how much time and patience it would take to creat that. I wish I had enough of either! Thanks for the autumn inspiration.

- -
- -
-