- -
-
- - -
-
-
-
-
-
-

Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday


Hello again dear blog, I am ashamed at myself for having deserted you this week. I am so very sorry! And last Friday in my last post I said that this week I would be updating more! Once again I apologize, but to give you some hope I did stay up to date on my favorite blogs, which contained some very inspiring spring creations this week! So, lets get back to the usual and tell you about what my week consisted of ( of course only telling you of the semi-interesting days ;) ) On Tuesday my sister and our best friend went to her house and I made blueberry ricotta pancakes (which I saw on Everyday Italian)and they made sausage, home made home fries, and scrambled eggs. Yummy, that was delicious! That night I went to Michael's and bought lots of Spring-inspired items which made me turn into a crafting feen these past couple of days! The image above is of some terra cotta pots I painted white and stuffed with some moss, and foe narcissus bulbs which I bought for just a dollar at Michael's. I saw something similar to them somewhere (maybe Target?) and decided instead of paying 30 dollars for the container of 4, how about I just make a few myself! So for the two it cost me under 3 dollars, but I do plan on making more since they're just too cute! As for the image below that is of some other items I bought such as that adorable tin container which was on sale for three bucks, and some "Kerr" jars which I plan to start some seedlings in on my kitchen windowsill ) perhaps some more lavender?)
Like I stated above, I have really been in an "Easter Mode" these past three days, but yesterday the weather kind of threw me for a loop. For the past couple of weeks we've had some above and below average temperatures such as 82 all the way down to 30. But this week especially, mother nature was out of whack yet again! Monday and Tuesday it was 78 degrees and sunny, Wednesday it was about 55 and raining, and then yesterday it was 30 and snowing! I know I have said many times that I love the cold weather and especially the snow, but I have already made the transition into Spring and I just want to go outside and enjoy the weather and my garden! Off the topic of my "Springtime" blues, yesterday my sister, Karen and I made breakfast yet again. This time it was Apple Fritters, hash browns, broccoli, eggs, and bacon. Wow, we really need to stop eating breakfast and start going to the gym! Lol, but I say enjoy the time and company with the ones who you care about and the ones who make you laugh, every moment that you can! And since this week was filled with a lot of free time for myself, it was the perfect opportunity! As for today, nothing much, just some cleaning that desperately needed to be done, ;) and taking pictures for my blog and flickr. I'm telling ya, my neighbors must think I'm crazy since I'm always going outside or in the bay window putting up different items like the narcissus and tin container. Oh well, who cares right, I'm just taking them for my blog, being a little creative! As for this weekend, tomorrow I may go shopping for an Easter outfit, and Sunday I have plans for Easter lunch and dinner with my family. If I do not speak with you tomorrow, I'm wishing you a fun and family filled Happy Easter!

And a sneak-peek of the thank you card I need to send to Amber, , since I made it last Friday and it's just been sitting here!

No comments:

- -
- -
-